Monday, September 05, 2005

In the Wake of Disaster

It's just one of those days. Not much going on. Labor Day is a pretty lame holiday for the most part. No presents, no parades, no special foods, about the only thing it's good for is watching the marathon movies on lifetime.

But today, I've tuned in to the Hurricane Katrina coverage. I've avoided it most of the last week, mainly because I get REALLY upset by disaster, pain and suffering. Which might be a good thing if I were rich and had money to give, or even if I were healthy and could give my time and energy to the cause, unfortunately, I am neither. So I watch, get upset and am left with nothing to do about it.

I wonder if there is something besides time and money that the victims need.

Yesterday I watched the movie Fahrenheit 9/11. I hadn't seen it when it first came out because I was already entirely too angry about the war and the election and everything else that has to do with W. So what would I do if I became so furious that I had to do something about it? Not a pleasant thought.

I finally decided to watch it because all my friends were talking about it and I wanted to get in on the conversation. Well, I am IN. I'm also INcensed and ENraged. But, for this, I think there might be something I can do. Is there an IMPEACH BUSH committee forming somewhere? If so, I want to be on it.

No comments: