Thursday, July 20, 2006

Metaphysical Misdemeanors

It seems that I can be just about as happy as I want to be. The paradigm shift is complete. I have a new job, a new home, a new outlook.

And, BAM! The universe hits me with an event so horrifying that not even I can psychobabble it away.

What do I do with the lovely law of attraction then? The law of allowing? I just can't make the sudden death of the five year old niece of a dear friend be something that someone WANTED. Such a travesty. Viral meningitis, less than 12 hours, Lauren is dead. GONE. and her lovely mother, her dear older brother, and her father, grandparents, aunts, uncles, all left to wonder what trick the Universe is up to now.

I guess traditionalists have a little better going of it. They can at least believe that God needed another angel, or that Lauren had done the job she came here to do. All that might be true.

But, someone might have wanted to tell Suzie, Lauren's sweet and adoring mother, that her child was on a short-term contract.